The arc of Abraham Ancer’s experienced career has been nothing if not unpredictable. In reality, he was born this way.
Ancer holds dual citizenship in equally the United States and Mexico — he was born stateside and lifted in Reynosa. He has hinted that he may well very well use both of those sides of that twin citizenship in buy to compete in match engage in gatherings all over the golfing calendar. He has previously competed below the Mexican flag as aspect of the international team at the Presidents Cup, and has flirted with the notion that, if he were to be in contention to gain a spot on the U.S. Ryder Cup staff, he would take into account flipping to the flag of his delivery nation.
But which is not where by items conclude in the unpredictability of Abe Ancer. He is also the only expert golfer to very own his possess Tequila firm — Flecha Azul — which he indulges with sometimes reckless abandon.
When it will come to golfing classes, Ancer is no unique. What sort of best training course listing would you count on from a man who ended up in the final twosome on Sunday in his very first Masters? Eclectic. Abe’s faves run the gamut, from Open up stalwarts to Augusta National and a studio he co-owns in Texas. Now about having “smoked” on his home course …
Abraham Ancer’s top rated 10 courses in the environment
1. Club Compestre Reynosa — Reynosa, Mexico (Architect Unfamiliar)
Ancer’s very first house class. “My dad took me to this golf system at any time considering that I was in diapers, actually.”
2. Royal Melbourne — Melbourne, Australia (Alister MacKenzie)
The site of Ancer’s Presidents Cup debut, where he went 3-1-1 for the Intercontinental Crew in 2019.
3. Augusta National — Augusta, Ga. (Alister MacKenzie)
4. Metropolitan — Victoria, Australia (J.B. MacKenzie, Dick Wilson)
5. Peachtree — Atlanta, Ga. (Robert Trent Jones & Bobby Jones)
Until finally recently, this was Ancer’s favourite golfing training course in the environment.
6. Royal Portrush — Portrush, Northern Eire, U.K. (Harry Colt)
7. Oak Hills — San Antonio, Texas (A.W. Tillinghast)
Ancer’s residence study course in San Antonio, a 100-12 months-outdated A.W. Tillinghast design and style. “I participate in below with a bunch of younger fellas. Sometimes I get smoked!”
8. Carnoustie — Carnoustie, Scotland (Aged Tom Morris, Alan Robertson, James Braid)
The web-site of Ancer’s big championship debut (2018).
9. Portmarnock — Portmarnock, Eire (William Pickeman)
10. Lifeless Reliable Great — San Antonio, Texas (No designer)
An unassuming driving range and fitting studio that Ancer co-owns. It is where by he tinkers with clubs and swings alike.